Tuesday 30 July 2013

Odd One Out: Gelly Hi-Shine Review~

Hello my lovelies!

Sorry it's been a while since I last posted! I don't really have an excuse, but I promise I'll be more regular with my updates. So let's crack on. Here is my review of Barry M's Gelly Hi-Shine nail varnish.


Everyone on the internet has been raving about this nail varnish, so when I was in Boots the other week I thought I'd grab for myself. I'm in the market for a new red nail varnish, so I picked up 'Blood Orange'. It's the perfect bright red colour, almost as good as the OPI Red Apple that I've been using (I got a tiny one in my stocking at Christmas, alas it ran out the other week), although Barry M's is slightly darker.

All I've heard about this product is how well it applies, and I certainly can't disagree with that. As you'd expect from something that calls itself 'Gelly', the formula is pretty thick, but it goes on nicely so no complaints in that department. However my issue is this: staying power. Although I'm fickle as sin with nail varnish, barely managing to keep the same colour on my nails for a week, I don't enjoy nail varnish that chips quickly. Which is exactly what this did.

Within a day of application, my polish had started chipping. I put this down to the fact that I hadn't painted my nails properly (I'd only done one coat of colour, as opposed to my usual base coat, two coats of colour, top coat routine) and so I tried again - this time painting my talons with the utmost care. But nope. Same issue. Within a day or two the colour began to chip again.

I am beyond disappointed. I'm a lover of Barry M and after hearing so many great things about the Gelly Hi-Shine polish I was extremely excited. But this nail varnish simply did not live up to my expectations. For colour, I'd give it 10/10; for ease of application, a solid nine; but for staying power I"m sorry to say that this nail varnish only scores a 4/10 at best from me.

Thanks for reading :)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, Please can you check out my blog? would mean a lot! thank you xx
http://asprinkleoflucy.blogspot.co.uk

Post a Comment