Thursday 11 July 2013

Sunshine Nails Tutorial~




Painting my nails is somewhat of an addiction for me. I find it insanely relaxing and it's just something I always enjoy. Lately I've been experimenting in a bit of nail art to jazz up my nails somewhat, and today - in honour of the sun finally making an appearance in England - I did some little sunshine nails.


For this look you will need a top/base coat (I'm using Rimmel 5 in 1 Top and Base coat), a sky blue colour (Barry M Blue Moon), and a bright yellow (mine is one that I got in a nail art kit about 7 years ago that I found in the back of my wardrobe). You will also need a dotting tool of some description - I'm simply using a hair clip that I've bent out of shape.


Begin by painting your nails with a base coat and 1 or 2 coats of colour. I would highly recommend you do use a base coat even though it takes slightly more time because it will protect your nails and prevent them from discolouring as much, and it also makes your nail varnish last longer. The Barry M colour comes out quite thin, so two coats are essential to get the colour looking opaque enough, but use your own discretion in this decision.


Next, take your dotting tool and bright yellow nail varnish. Place a large(ish) dot in the middle of your nail. Then, using the excess varnish on the dotting tool, draw lines out from the centre of the dot (the same way you would draw an ordinary sunshine). Personally I think it looks better if the dot isn't joined to the lines, but that's just my choice.

It really is that simple! Finish with a top coat to protect the design and to make your nails look lovely and shiney and you're good to go! I chose to only do the design on the ring finger of each hand as an accent nail, but there's nothing stopping you putting a sun on every nail.

I hope you enjoyed this quick and easy way to adding a bit more sunshine to your summer. Thanks for reading :)

                                         

2 comments:

Yasmine said...

Love your nails! Super cute idea xx

Http://yourteendiaries.blogspot.co.uk

Unknown said...

Thanks very much :) xx

Post a Comment